On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

This Could Be Trouble . . .

Last night was another great night of knitting with the "Monday Night Knitting Group" at the library. I love to see the progress of everyone's projects . . . especially when they are completed!!

The picture really doesn't do it
 justice. The colors are gorgeous.
The night was going quite smoothly and then Pat showed us her weaving loom. . . and then Pat let me 'do a couple of rows' (I don't remember what the correct term is!) on her weaving loom . . . and then Pat offered to bring the loom back next month. Oh no. 

I can easily see how weaving would have the same relaxing effect that knitting does. Sitting there envisioning what the finished piece will look like and day dreaming about how it would be used or worn. I could easily forget all my troubles while doing the back and forth repetitive motions. Not to mention what a terrific way to use some left overs and single skeins of yarn in my stash.

What do you think? Is it time to learn a new craft? I'm going to go think about it. I'll work on Judy's sweater while I do.

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.






No comments:

Post a Comment