On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Measure Twice, Cut Once

In between my knitting projects I've been squeezing in a little weaving. My first project was a scarf . . . of course. Isn't that what you always make whenever you learn a new craft? One scarf was enough . . . I then decided to move on to a piece of clothing.

Jess was nice enough to take a picture
 of me wearing my creation!
Here's where my thoughts ran ahead of my brain. I started weaving away . . . mixing colors and having a grand old time doing it. I thought I was organized. I even made sure to save enough yarn to be able to knit the front panel. But then when I went to put it together . . . well, let's just say I'm glad that asymmetrical is in style.


A little single crocheting at the bottom took care of my poor mathematical skills. 

I think I'll try another one. . . It's a great way to use up some of the single skeins in my yarn stash. This time I'll be more organized and I'll do what my friend Carleen always says, "Measure twice and then cut once".

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment