On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Getting Squared Away

I blocked another bunch of squares for my Counterpane Masterpiece. I knew I was getting close to the 15 squares I needed, so I did another count as I took them off my blocking board . . . because the last thing on earth that I want to do is make extra triangles!!! 

Then I counted again. 

Woohoo!!!!!

I need 15 . . . I have 13 done and blocked . . . 4 triangles done and ready to be sewn together . . . which leaves . . . one square, or 4 triangles, left! (And yes, I was so excited to be that close to finishing them . . . that I counted again!)

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm looking forward to knitting something other than triangles . . . and a long weekend to do it in!!

Of course the squares still have to all be sewn together . . . 


Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.


No comments:

Post a Comment