On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Never Too Late

New Years. My favorite holiday. There is something about starting the year fresh . . . having a clean slate . . . setting goals and making resolutions. 

I always make the 'expected' ones. You know, eat more fruits and vegetables and less bread . . . exercise more . . . be a little nicer to people . . . keep the house a little cleaner. All the things we should be doing anyways, but it seems easier to commit at the beginning of of the year.

Then there are my knitting resolutions. I'll post my completed projects on Ravelry. I'll try and use up more stash yarn. I'll practice intarsia more because . . . well . . . because quite honestly I'm not that good at it. (I may even stink at it). I'll knit more for charity and I'll blog more.

Wait . . . I'll blog more? What's today's date? 



Math was never my strongest subject, but I think that means I've waited 2 1/2 weeks to blog. I've also finished the sweater I made with the recycled yarn. (Don't bother to go to my Ravelry page . . . it's not posted yet. Neither is my Counterpane Masterpiece that I also finished. I could also write a message to my husband in the dust on my hutch.)



Perhaps I need a little more effort in actually performing my resolutions. Perhaps I need more time in the day. Perhaps I need to set priorities.


Perhaps I am off to Market Basket . . . there does not seem to be any fruit in my fruit bowl. Perhaps goals and resolutions do not have to be made just on New Years. Maybe you can decide on January 18th to knit a pair of mittens from your stash yarn and then give them to a local shelter. Maybe you can decide on a random Wednesday morning to be a little nicer to the human race . . . or at least hold the door open for someone who has their arms full. (Sometimes it's good to start small!)

Maybe John Trusler was right. "No time like the present, a thousand unforeseen circumstances may interrupt you at a future time."


Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.


No comments:

Post a Comment