On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Monday, August 28, 2017

When It's Time To Clean Up

Once upon a time I had a co-worker that was knitting these little squares. I asked
her . . . perhaps with a little sarcasm in my voice . . . what the heck she was knitting. Her response was "washcloths and dish cloths". My response back was something along the lines of "Really? Isn't that kind of a waste of time?"

This particular co-worker was a little more open-minded and tolerant than I am. So when Christmas rolled around, I received a gift of 2 hand-knit washcloths and 2 
hand-knit dish cloths. I of course tried them . . . and yes, I loved them.

When our Monday Night Knitting Group 
met . . . and I saw what Lizzie was making . . . well, I had to chuckle. You guessed it. Washcloths.

With Christmas somehow creeping up, I thought what a good gift idea. A nice 
hand-knit washcloth and add a scented bar of soap. Or a nice hand-knit dish cloth and add a cute jar of liquid soap for the kitchen counter.



We had a group discussion and it seemed that the yarn of choice for this type of project was Sugar 'N Cream. Whatever you choose,don't use mercerized cotton. The fiber has been treated and it just won't work as well. 
Knit something up in your favorite stitch pattern . . .give it a wash & dry . . . and you have a unique hostess gift.

I think I'm off to pick up a color or two.

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment