On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Thursday, August 29, 2013


My latest project is a Lingering Doubts Shawl, designed by Gabi Bolland. 


I'm using Pediboo sock yarn from Frog Tree. The pattern is a 6 row repeat with a row of purl after each lace row. I used some of my brain cells to memorize the pattern, but now it's firmly etched in my brain . . . and I realize I have 47 more repeats to do.  (Can you hear my heavy sigh?)

I also have a pile of Jo Sharp yarn that I thought would make a great cowl using the linen stitch. Do you see where I'm going with this? I am on the verge of creating a UFO. The infamous 'unfinished object'. 

Maybe I'll get an audio book at the library today. I'll listen to Harlan Coben or Janet Evanovich tell me a story while I knit away on my shawl . . . and I won't start the cowl. . . I'll let you know if it works. 

Any advice? What do you do when you get tired of a project?

No comments:

Post a Comment