On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Monday, September 16, 2013


I know I wasn't going to mention holiday knitting again . . . but Friday I went into one of our local yarn shops, Wool Basket Yarns. (15 Depot Street, Duxbury, MA).  I saw the prettiest lace scarf. Correction - the prettiest, 2 skein, quick to knit up, pattern free with yarn, lace scarf. I have this much done and I just started it this morning with my coffee . . .
 
At first I thought of my son's girlfriend. Now I am thinking of my son's girlfriend, my hairdresser, my sister, maybe a library friend or two, and anyone that I will need a last minute gift for, and oh yes - myself. It's such an easy pattern. the hardest part is deciding what color. Black, white, a sea-foam green, a pretty pumpkin . . . maybe one of each!
 
Go ahead into Wool Basket Yarns and check it out. Tell Beth the Library Girl sent you.
 
Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment