|Click here to place a hold|
Well now you can take one (for free!) and have a glass of wine while you do it. (Can it possibly get any better? I think not!)
Margaret Fisher is a Master Knitter and teacher. She developed a class based on some common questions her students had. From the class came the book - and the book is your chance to take her class in your living room (or out on your deck if it's nice out.)
Seven Things That Can Make or Break a Sweater. . . It will teach you just what it says - 7 things.
1. Tips for your cast-on edge
2. How to increase in your ribbing and where to place the increases
3. Which decreases will slant which way and which ones to use where (that's a
lot of 'whiches'!)
4. Which increases will slant which way and which ones to use where (OMG,
5. Blocking (you are blocking . . . aren't you??)
6. How to pick up stitches for a band or edge
7. Where to place buttonholes and how to make them
That's it. Just those 7 things. But wow!! If you aren't doing those 7 things half-way decent . . . well, let's not go there.
I had the library purchase it for the collection, then when I took it home and read it, I purchased it for mine. It's really that good. Go ahead, check it out and take the class. You'll be glad you did.
Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.