On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Monday Night Knitting Group

Best part of the library's Monday Night Knitting Group? I'm still not sure if it's meeting new people and making new friends . . . or if it's seeing everyone's projects and getting inspired.

Last night we had two new faces . . . Linda is knitting a wrap out of kid silk mohair in a gorgeous shade of - I don't know, is it turquoise, aqua? It looks like her yarn was dipped in the ocean. Nancy learned how to cast on with the cable cast on method and is going to male a sweater for a grandchild.

And take a look at what some of the 'regulars' completed!


I hope you are noticing the library books on
the table. There is a great collection upstairs!



Peggy has been knitting a ginormous amount of mittens to make wreaths for relatives and friends and neighbors!! (She told us how many but it was too mind boggling of a number for me to remember).











You can't really see them, but she has
the cutest little duck buttons on there!







Joan finished this adorable 'neck down' sweater. Now she is making one very similar, but from the 'bottom up'. 
I had to control myself from
 rubbing it against my cheek.


















Janet created this blue baby blanket . . . . unfortunately the picture doesn't show how soft it is to the touch. 














Peggy also made a Spiderman mask (can't you just picture the grateful eyes behind it?!)












Peggy also made this afghan for a shower gift . . . I think I need a shower!!

(or some of Peggy's time. She could come and do my housework and I could spend more time knitting. I think I'll run it by her next month.)











Aren't they talented??!! We'll meet again on September 15th. Join us! Bring your project . . . and if you are not a knitter . . . well, don't these pictures make you want to be a knitter? Just think of the Christmas presents you could be creating. We'll teach you!

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.
































No comments:

Post a Comment