On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

One Skein projects = Magazines

Have you ever read either a really thick book or a book that grabbed you so much that when you finished reading it . . . well, you weren't really finished with it? The characters stayed with you, maybe haunted your thoughts a little? After spending so much time with the Outlander series, I have found I have been filling my reading time with magazines, a little non-fiction . . . and by a little I mean skimming about the Roosevelts. But I can't quite commit to the Bully Pulpit or No Ordinary Time . . . even after watching the Ken Burns series!)

 
Just in case you can't make it
 in to the library to see it.



I have found the same to be true with my knitting. I have finished Judy's sweater (make sure you come in the library to see her wearing it!), and I can't quite decide what to start next. I've dug all my pattern books out, I've been surfing through Ravelry . . . I don't know . . . nothing is grabbing me. Should I felt something? Pullover? A Nora Gaughan?

While I have been pondering, I have been working on quick things - a couple of cowls and a pair of fingerless gloves. 







Hmm . . . Those quick one skein projects . . . perhaps they are the knitting equivalent to magazines?


Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment