On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Books or Knitting? Take Them Both!



One of hardest things about working in a library . . . and being a knitter . . . is having sooo many books on my 'I'd like to read this' list. Because of course, the 'I'd like to knit this' list is just as long. So what do I do when supper is over and the dishes are done? Sit and read? Sit and knit? 

Thankfully the library has a compromise available for me . . .not the one I really want, which is to sit and read at work!! But now there is Hoopla. I can now instantly (and yes, I mean instantly!), download or stream an audio-book to my phone, plug in my earbuds, listen to a book and knit away. The best part? It's quick, easy, and of course FREE with my library card. What could be better?! (Yes, you are right - pour a glass of wine before you sit down.)

Give it a try. If you don't have a Duxbury Free Library card, see if your library offers Hoopla. If they don't, suggest it to them and then ask what other audio options they have in the meantime. Start knitting and listening.

Until next time, keep your nose in a book (or your ears!!) or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment