On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Making Snow BEARable

In between my snow shoveling moments I have been working on my bear. 



Here he is so far. I have just joined his little arms and I am about to start the decreases that will lead up to his neck.


You can't really tell from this picture, but I am using size 10 1/2" needles, with worsted weight yarn.






When you are felting it's important to knit the pieces very loosely for it to 'shrink' to the correct size.




You can see here that I am getting a gauge of about 3 stitches per inch. 




Hopefully it won't snow anymore and I can spend my time finishing him up . . . and not shoveling! 

Stay tuned to see him finished and for the felting process!!

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.







No comments:

Post a Comment