On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

From the Library's Shelves

I've been working on my Counterpane Masterpiece, but I confess that with my short attention span the triangles are getting a little monotonous . . . but I'm really sticking with it and seaming up a storm. I really want to wear it this fall. 

Image result for refined knits idril pullover
click here to place a hold



So when I saw one of our new 
knitting books . . . Refined Knits by 
Jennifer Wood . . . I only took a quick 
look . . . and as I looked I told myself  'I am not looking for a new project . . . I am not looking for a new project'. 







Image result for refined knits idril pullover






I was okay until I saw the Idril Pullover. It's knit with Anzula Dreamy which is 
a fingering weight blend of merino wool, cashmere and silk. Look at the 
cables . . . isn't it gorgeous?! 
Fingering weight . . . can I pick them, or what!!









And there's more . . . the Vivian Sleeveless Pullover . . . there's shawls . . . there's more pullovers . . . there's enough that it's worth purchasing. I had to stop looking before I started to order yarn. Take a look and decide for yourself. 

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment