On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

From the Library Shelves

I was just lamenting the other day that I like to do 2 color knitting . . . but I don't wear that style sweater anymore. (Lamenting sounds so much better than whining . . . doesn't it?) So when I saw the book Pretty Knitted Hands waiting to be shelved . . . I thought . . . . hmm . . . what a perfect solution. 




Mittens! 

What a perfect way to use up some of my stash and also keep my 2 color knitting techniques in my head . . . and plus I would wear them. Better yet, they would be a great gift.

My favorite is Rita. . . which ironically, is not a 2 color pattern!

But Martha is also cute . . . and practical. There's a fold-over flap that turns it into a mitten. I think that's the place to start.

Take a look through the book. There's really some cute hand warmers. Some are even meant to be worn in the summer. 
I bet there's a pair in there for you.

Click Here to Place a Hold


Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.


No comments:

Post a Comment