On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Just like tomorrow . . . later never comes.

Anyone that knows me also knows that I am not a hot weather person. But I will admit that I love summer mornings. I get up, drag myself down the stairs, fix a cup of coffee (that my husband is smart enough to have all brewed), grab my knitting bag and out to the deck I go. I'll sit and knit, wake up, and watch and listen to the birds as they start their day too.







This morning when I grabbed my bag, I thought 'Hey, this is kind of heavy.' I mean, I'm working on a pair of mittens. How heavy can that kind of a project be?


Something must have been in the air because I decided to check the contents.









Oh, here is the cowl I finished. I just have to weave in the ends.

I was going to do it later.










Oh, here is the shawl I finished. I just have to weave in the ends.

I was going to do it later.








Oh, Here's another pair of mittens I finished a couple of months ago. I have to just weave in the ends.

I was going to do it later.












Oh, here's the first mitten of the pair I'm working on now. I just have to kitchener stitch the top and do the thumb. I needed to concentrate to do the kitchener stitch, and I was watching Blue Bloods . . . so instead I started the cuff of the other mitten.

I was going to finish it later.








Here's the leftover yarn and swatch from  a sweater I just finished. I was going to rip out the swatch and put the yarn in my stash for . . . 

. . . later.











Here's all the yarn labels that I just shove into the pocket of my bag . . . and yes the wrapper for a peanut butter egg . . . I was going to throw them out . . . later.








I started to see a recurring theme . . . I bet you picked up on it too. My husband sometimes tells me . . . "You leave things laying around and say you are going to put them away later. You never do."

Well I emptied my knitting bag. Tonight . . . not later . . . I will weave in some ends and even do some blocking. Tomorrow I will have a light bag when I go out to join the birds.

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.













No comments:

Post a Comment