On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Monday, September 15, 2014

A Visit to a Local Yarn Shop

The visit to Worcester was a success. It was a beautiful day for a football game and more importantly, Knitscapes proved to be a charming yarn store. Janet was welcoming and had plenty of skeins to entice me. 
It works up really quick too! This is only a
weeks worth of knitting . . . and I've been
 working on Judy's sweater too!

I went in thinking I would pick up some black sport weight to knit up Talcott. It's a pull-over pattern from Berroco's website, designed by Amanda Keep Williams. I have some left-over Seduce in a purple/black blend that I thought I would use for the lace bottom. Well, I had the black in my hands (I know, how boring is it to buy black sport weight. Worse, how boring is it to knit with black sport weight!), and then I noticed Bella Lino . . . in a beautiful colorway that reminded me of a sunset in desert (I don't know why, I've never seen a sunset in the desert). It'a a  blend of linen, cotton and viscose so I thought it would have a nice drape. I have a vest pattern that one of my favorite patrons gave me (thanks Joanne!!) . . . . So needless to say that's what came home with me. . . along with a new shawl pin . . . and of course sock yarn for my mother.

There was a nice visit with my sister, a bottle of Carmenere, and oh yah, Holy Cross won. (But who really cares about football when there is yarn to be discussed?). 

So if you are ever in Tatnuck Square in Worcester, stop in and see Janet.

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment