On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

In the St. Nick of time . . .

Phew,
I finished my hat, went upstairs, wrapped it in tissue paper with the infinity loop, placed it in a gift bag and the door bell rang! Time to exchange gifts!! Talk about timing!


So now my knitting bag is only holding a pair of fingerless gloves that just need to be bound off and the Romance Ruffle-Collar Shell I started in October. But that only need to have the two fronts tacked down and then it's done.

That leaves me with  . . . the beginning of a new year and the beginning of a new project! 

I'm not sure what I'll start. I have some Harlequin by Dale of Norway in a nice green tweed. I could be a good wife and make a sweater for my husband . . . but the pattern he has picked out is plain stockinette stitch. Ugh, boring. I know, I know, if that is what he wants . . . 

I also have some peach Extra Soft Merino by Geifra . . . some Royal Llama Silk by Plymouth Yarns . . . I guess I'll go through my patterns. Maybe start the boring sweater and then start something more complicated to keep me entertained . . . maybe sneak a few cables into the boring sweater . . . 

I'll let you know what I decide.

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment