On the third Monday of the month a group of enthusiastic knitters meet in the Resource Room at the Duxbury Free Library. From 6:00 - 8:00 you can find knitters of various skill levels with yarn between their fingers. We would love you to join us. If you can't, follow us here!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Monday Night Knitting Group

Another great night of knitting!!

I wonder which cutie is
 getting the pink one?



 Peggy has made 52 of these tree ornaments!! She is giving them to each of her kindergarten friends, her grandchildren and I think even her friends' grandchildren . . . complete with an initial!









A great recycling story!
 Susan had the perfect pattern but couldn't find the yarn she wanted . . . 
but she had this sweater  . . . 
but didn't like the style . . . 

so guess what she did? YES, she unraveled  the sweater and she is using the yarn for the pattern she likes!


I'm not really this bad of a photographer . . .
Neither of them would let me put their face
 in the picture.


Lindsay is making face cloths and she is going to add a nice bar of soap . . . what a great gift idea. She is using a really soft cotton and small needles . . .  I can almost feel it on my cheek!


Beth is working on an afghan that will be a gift for a friend.







I can't wait to see the completed project!





Suzanne is smiling since she finished all the squares for her Noro afghan. All that is left is to knit them together!!












Pat is almost done with her Christmas stocking. Do you think she'll finish it for this year?














Martha is making socks in a gorgeous color.









I think it goes great with the
turtleneck she has on!





Katherine is picking up stitches along the edge of her cardigan. 












The gray one is my favorite.




 Mary has made these cute sweater vests . . . and found the perfect shirts to go with them.










It's such a great group. Join us - next month we will meet on the fourth Monday (January 27th) due to the Martin Luther King Holiday. 

The library is also having a knitting marathon on Saturday, December 21st. Come in, knit and watch Christmas movies all day!

Until next time, keep your nose in a book or your fingers in fiber.

2 comments:

  1. I promise I'll let you take a picture next time :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'll make sure!!

    ReplyDelete